Pages

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Wild Star

There are so many free patterns out there one the internet, and one that really caught my eye was the Wild Star by Plains&Pine.What a great way to use some of my treasured scraps! I chose to make the baby sized version, they also provide a throw sized pattern.


I dug into my scrap bins and picked mainly kid-friendly fabrics with lots of colors.

This little quilt begged to get some experimental quilting. I did some FMQ with lines and circles, walking foot quilting with cross hatch, wavy lines and a band of dense quilting. Good practice and I had lots of fun.

The background is a cream/grey colored fabric with subtle numbers and letters.

I found a very child friendly backing for the quilt, this will truly be a double-sided quilt!

The finished size of the quilt is 38" square. I used frankenbatting and scrappy binding to complete the quilt.


A detailed picture of the scrappy diamonds that forms the quilt. The quilting is clearly visible.

This is my sixth charity quilt for the year 2023, and number 98 all time for the children's ward at the hospital. 


Keep on quilting!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!