Pages

Friday, February 17, 2023

The Elegance of the Hedgehog - Project Quilting 14.4

 When the challenge for Project Quilting 14.4 was announced, A Novel Project, I knew exactly which book I wanted to highlight.

The Elegance of the Hedgehog by the French author Muriel Barbery is my absolute favorite book.

 A moving, funny, triumphant novel that exalts the quiet victories of the inconspicuous among us (Goodreads).

 The phenomenal New York Times bestseller that “explores the upstairs-downstairs goings-on of a posh Parisian apartment building” (Publishers Weekly).

The book is very well written, it is a pleasure to read, try it out! 

 


 From the title of the book I just had to make a project with a hedgehog. After some internet searching I found the cutest, free pattern on the Flamingo Toes blog: Harriett the Hedgie Pillow.

I needed a new pillow, so this was a win-win situation! The pattern fits a 20" pillow form. I chose to narrow the borders a bit to make the pillow a little bit more puffy.



 Here's the pieced pillow front.

 


 The only time the hedgehog could prick me was in the basting process.

 


 After quilting the hedgehog is so soft and cuddly.

 


I made the back of the pillow with a hidden zipper closure.

 

I seem to have a preference for pillows in these Project Quilting challenges, here's a comparison with the 3" pincushion I made in PQ 14.3.

Keep on quilting!

5 comments:

  1. I read that book years ago and enjoyed it. What a cute pillow to remember it by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m sure adding to my TBR list, reading all the posts here at Persimmon Dreams. The Elegance of the Hedgehog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable pillow and pattern. I also love pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! I love it! I definitely want to check out that book :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A glowing review and an adorable pillow, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!