Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2023

The Missing U

 A new month and a new charity quilt. This time a very colorful one. I made my own version of The quilt The Missing U by Cheryl Arkinson from the book Sunday Morning Quilts, co-authored with Amanda Jean Nyberg.


 I took a deep dive in my scrap bins and made nine blocks of each color slab, the blocks finished at 12". Added narrow white sashing and dark blue corner stones.

The individual blocks were quilted with walking foot in matching Aurifil threads, and the sashing was hand quilted with big stitches in a white cotton crochet thread.



 The quilt finished at 38" square. Backing is a a cute Disney Princess fabric. Striped binding for the win!



 A detail picture of the quilting.

This is my fourth charity quilt for the year 2023, and number 96 all time for the children's ward at the hospital. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!