Pages

Monday, November 23, 2020

Picnic Pinwheels Quilt

 While tidying up my sewing room a couple of months ago, I found a paper copy of the Picnic Pinwheels Quilt pattern designed by Chelsea of Patch the Giraffe. I immediately knew this design would look fabulous in bright batiks. After finishing up other projects, I started making these brilliant blocks.


 I used batiks I had purchased from Connecting Threads a few years back. A snow  white background makes the pinwheels sparkle!


A fun print from Ikea a few years back was used for the backing. Warm and White cotton batting together with a cross hatch quilting design using an ivory colored thread, makes a stunning quilt. A striped binding is the icing on the cake!

The quilt measures approximately 40" x 51" at this stage.

I was a little concerned about the bright colors of the batiks, so off it went in the washer and dryer. The color catchers absorbed only a small amount of excess color, and I love that the white is still sparkle bright. Nothing beats a fresh, newly washed and dried quilt. That yummy texture!

 

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I love a design that looks good with a variety of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!