Pages

Monday, November 16, 2020

Jelly Roll Race Quilt

 My quilt guild had a sew-together weekend a couple of weeks ago, and this quilt was one of the ones I pieced together.

I had the 2.5" strips cut out using my AccuQuilt cutter. The colors are typical fall colors, and I added a warm yellow solid for interest.

Making a Jelly Roll Race quilt is quite fun. There are lots of videos on YouTube showing how to do it. You need approximately 42 strips of 2,5" x WOF for a good sized quilt. My quilt measured 48" x 64" finished.


 I took the quilt out for a photo shoot on a disc golf course near my home. It was a foggy day which gave a somewhat spooky feeling to the picture. The color of the target matches the quilt perfectly. 

 


 I had the most perfect quilt backing in my stash, it was big enough to cover the whole piece. The design reminds me of very detailed petroglyphs (stone paintings). The background color matches the front of the quilt to perfection.

This is my charity quilt number 19 for the year, and number 63 all time for the children's ward at the hospital.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!