Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2020

Cats, Cats, Cats!

I love cats. There were always cats around when I grew up on a farm.

For this charity quilt I gathered all the cat fabrics I had, and some fish fabric (cats got to have food, right?!).

I couldn't get myself to cut up the fabrics in small pieces, so there had to be big blocks. The fish were smaller, four patches were OK for those.


 For interest I added some longer strips of cat fabrics bordered by yellow solid, and made this cross over the quilt. The background fabric is a neutral with a subtle leaf print. The quilting is "straightish" lines in diagonal done with the walking foot.

The finished size of the quilt is approximately 41" x 60".

 

 My favorite print in the quilt is this one. I wish I had more of this, those lazy cats are so adorable!

This is my charity quilt number 18 for the year, and number 62 all time for the children's ward at the hospital.
 
 
 

1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!