Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Plaid, Baby!



Meet 'Plaid, Baby!', my latest baby charity quilt.The starting point was all the plaids I had available, and no specific pattern in mind.


These are the first blocks that were made, improv cut&slice with a grey solid as contrast. Then I added a few fussy cut elephant- and bear blocks for the center panel. A green plaid border was the right thing outside the panel.


The size of the quilt was determined by the backing fabric I had available, the fun orange novelty print was perfect for this one. To get the right size I added a 6" border in light yellow and white plaid with cute pinwheels in the corners. Finally a red plaid 4" border to complete it. The binding is a fun orange striped fabric that I have used many times before.

The finished size is approximately 40" square.


Here is a detail picture of the quilting. I had fun doodling butterflies in the negative space!

This is my tenth charity quilt for the year, and 39th all time for the children's ward at the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!