Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2019

Surf and Sand - A Charity Quilt



My latest charity quilt is this Jelly Roll Race quilt, made using the tutorial from Jenny Doan at Missouri Star Quilt Company.

The fabrics are not an actual jelly roll, but random blueish fabrics cut in 2.5" strips. The quilt top comes together super fast using Jenny's tutorial.

I opted for a fast and easy quilting design, using the walking foot making organic wavy lines in each strip.


The quilting is easily seen on the back. For the backing I used a sand-colored flannel that is super comfortable. To get the backing wide enough I had to add another piece of flannel, and also added a strip of leaf print cotton in fall colors. The same print is used for the binding, which creates a nice contrast on the front of the quilt.

Now I can finally cross the Jelly Roll Race quilt off my bucket list!


This is my ninth charity quilt for the year, and 38th all time for the children's ward at the hospital.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anita! I just love your latest charity quilt. It looks so pretty in all the different blues and they play nicely together even though they didn't come together. I have never made a JRR quilt myself but I am certainly enjoying your version. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!