Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2022

Caterpillar Quilt

The starting point for this quilt was a panel of The Very Hungry Caterpillar. I read this book by Eric Carle many times for my kids when they were small.

There was no way I could cut up this panel so I used it as a focal point for the quilt.



 A narrow, blue strip border was added around the panel in addition to colorful blocks. Pinwheels with fruits and berries gave an extra dimension to the quilt.



 I also found a paper pieced butterfly block (designed by Lillyella Stitchery) that I had made a few years back. It was perfect to be placed in the upper right corner of this quilt because the caterpillar becomes a beautiful butterfly in the end!

Final dimensions for this quilt is 36" x 43", a good size for a small child. 

This is my eleventh charity quilt for the year 2022, and number 90 all time for the children's ward at the hospital.

Keep on quilting!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!