Pages

Monday, August 29, 2022

Scrappy Strings

 

 

 Making quilts implies that there will be leftover fabrics. Colorful strings make interesting new scrappy masterpieces.

For this quilt I dug into my bins for novelty prints and bright fabrics. Each string block was 6.5" unfinished.



I added a grey border around the blocks, assembled some frankenbatting and pieced a backing from duvet covers.

I decided it was time for some FMQ practice, this time swirls in silver colored thread. To finish it off I pieced together leftover binding pieces from other projects. Finished size for this baby quilt is 40" squared.



The backing consists of a flannel duvet cover I have used on several projects, plus an added strip to make it big enough. This is a cozy and warm backing.

This is my tenth charity quilt for the year 2022, and number 89 all time for the children's ward at the hospital.

Keep on quilting!

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!