Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2022

Bitty Blocks Discovered

 


 When I was tidying my sewing space I discovered a bunch of these tiny blocks that were a part of a free sew along hosted by Quilting Daily. I think it started in 2015. I didn't keep up with the sew along, other projects stole my attention.

If  I had completed the sew along of these Bitty Blocks it would have resulted in a scrappy twin size quilt. Well, I didn't make that. So, what to do with the blocks? Why not make a charity quilt for the hospital? A few new blocks had to be made to get the quilt to a decent size.



 I added white sashing in between the blocks in addition to a white border to even it out. A green print border completed the quilt top. 

Frankenbatting was used in the quilt sandwich. It is quilted with vertical wavy lines. To finish the quilt I used leftover binding pieces from other projects. Finished size of the quilt is 34" x 42".

A truly scrappy project!

This is my ninth charity quilt for the year 2022, and number 88 all time for the children's ward at the hospital.

Keep on quilting!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!