Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2022

Scrappy Glory

 My scrap bins are constantly overflowing, and in attempt to reduce the amount I dive into them from time to time to make interesting charity quilts. 

 

 

This time I cut lots of 2.5" squares (480 to be exact) in various colors, in addition some fussy cut novelty prints. I have done this before , but then I just did a random placement of the squares.

For this quilt I grouped the squares into 16-patches of similar colors/values. The resulting quilt is a colorful one with lots of interesting prints.

 


  I did a crosshatch quilting in light greyish blue thread, and finished the quilt with a scrappy binding. The quilt will be perfect for a small child with its size of 40"x48", lots of scrappy glory to look at.

This is my seventh charity quilt for the year 2022, and number 86 all time for the children's ward at the hospital.

Keep on quilting!

 


1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!