Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2020

Blue Charity

I had a bunch of matching fabrics that was perfect for a boy's quilt, different blues with browns and neutrals. The fabrics were cut into 5" squares and puzzled into a pleasing design. I even had room for a single pinwheel block and some improvised blocks from leftovers.


The finished size is 45" x 54" and quilting is done in a cross hatch design with two different golden colored threads. The backing is a brown checkered flannel, which makes the quilt nice and cuddly.

I utilized leftover batting pieces and made a "Frankenbatting" piece that fit exactly, a win in my book! The final touch was a blue and white striped binding.


This is my fourteenth charity quilt for the year, and number 58 all time for the children's ward at the hospital.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!