Pages

Friday, September 14, 2018

Lots of Stars for Maja



The years 2017 and 2018 have been a wonderful experience for me after I joined the Rakish Needle Round Robin. Six European ladies have contributed to each others quilts, and quilt projects have been going back and forth in the postal services between Germany, Great Britain, Poland and Norway.

This is the sixth and last quilt I received to work on. It belongs to Maja in Poland, and she wants a quilt full of stars. The picture above shows the starting point I received in May.


I have to admit it took quite some time before I started working on extending the quilt top.There were so many stars, how should I add more?

I finally decided to add a row on top and one at the bottom. The quilt top is really scrappy from before, and I can assure you that I added to the scrappyness.


I gathered lots of star fabrics I had in my stash, used extra stars that was left from the other participants, and made only two traditional stars and a wonky one that can be seen in the top row. 

The quilt top was packed and sent to Poland in August and Maja has already received it. Feedback from her is that she loves it in all its scrappyness.

It is exciting to wait for my own quilt which is currently in Germany. Don't stress Katrin, I have all the time in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!