Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2018

Autumn Geishas



Another charity quilt is made for the children's ward at the hospital. This time I took a panel with Japanese geishas, cut the panel apart and added sashing in between.


The red, shiny cotton looks like silk wallpaper, and makes the geishas stand out like paintings on a wall. 


I quilted the geishas with echo quilting in a neutral color. The "wallpaper" is echo quilted around the leaves with red thread color.


The finished size of the quilt is 41"x 62". The backing is a warm flannel and binding is a black solid.

This is my seventh charity quilt for the year, and number 27 all time for the children's ward at the hospital.


1 comment:

  1. This looks great! The red really compliments the geishas.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!