Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

The South Park Bag

I am not making bags very often; as many other quilters I am most comfortable making things in two dimensions. But, with all those gorgeous bag/tote patterns out there, one of my ambitions is to overcome my "fears" and make a few with different techniques.


The first one out is The South Park Bag designed by Jennifer Mathis from Ellison Lane. The outer fabric is from IKEA, and the lining is a plum colored solid I bought from Connecting Threads.


The other side of the bag shows shows a feather-like design. The bag is closed with a magnetic snap.


Inside the bag there is a divided pocket. I also added a key fob chain to have a safe place for the keys.


I am very pleased with the result, and I may make this one again, but first I will try out another design!

This was originally my May goal for ALYoF, but it isn't that bad getting it finished one month late.

Linked up to link-finish-friday-124 ,  fabric-frenzy-friday-21 and linky-tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. Your bag came out great! I love your fabric choices! Visiting you from Freemotion by the River.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bag pattern too and especially the fabric. Visiting from Linky Tuesday .

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!