Pages

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Batik Triangles

 


 Winter is here with freezing temperatures, and what gives a better contrast than bright batik triangles?!

I had a lit of batiks in my stash, and figured out that they would be great for a charity quilt. I decided to make my first, ever, triangle quilt. I cut the triangles using the Hex'n More ruler. 

After cutting I realized there was one triangle short to make the last row complete, so I fussy cut a cherry block (can you find it?).



 The backing is a great panel with dragons and castles. It wasn't wide enough, but a green strip with leaves took care of that. quilting is done with a green thread on the front and a light green thread in the bobbin. Finished size is 33" x 53" after a washing and drying cycle.

This is my twelfth charity quilt for the year 2023, and number 104 all time for the children's ward at the hospital. 


Keep on quilting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!