Pages

Monday, January 2, 2023

Solstice Sampler 2022

 This quilt is the result of a sew-along hosted by Amber of @alderwoodstudio. I started the first block in October and finished the quilt two days before New Years Eve.

 Nine designers made these wonderful blocks, it was a joy to make them.


The weather late December doesn't always cooperate for a photo shoot, but this day was just perfect!


The quilt consists of nine 18" blocks designed by awesome artists. I enjoyed making all the beautiful blocks.

With a size of 60" square the quilt will be a great addition to my home.



The backing complements the colors on the front.



A closer look of the quilt on my porch.



An indoor picture of the quilt shows the organic quilting I made using Aurifil thread in white #2021. 

I mostly used fabrics from Island Batik for the quilt.

This was a very pleasant quilt-along with a great-looking result!


Keep on quilting!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!