Pages

Monday, November 14, 2022

Kawandi Needle Book

 Sometimes I just want to sit down and relax with a slow stitching project, no time limits, just for fun. Kawandi quilts seem to be my new relaxation.

 

This time I used blue and green scraps to make a needle book, this is the finished product.


The process started like this. The little quilt started like this. It is completely hand sewn. I used Aurifil 12wt thread in color 2720, a thread that was a good match for the scraps of fabric.


The completed fabric all stretched out, measuring approx. 4" x 8". A button and a crocheted loop was added for closure.


The inside (or backing) of the Kawandi is the softest flannel. A few pieces of wool fabric was cut with my pinking shears and sewn in for my needles.

Another tiny Kawandi project is completed, it feels good!


Keep on quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!