Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Ballerina Star

 


 Meet my latest charity quilt, the Ballerina Star!

 

It started with the ballerina fabric to the left. Tiny ballerinas in colorful tutus dancing all over the stars. Not enough of this fabric made it necessary to add the  matching moon/stars fabric to the right. Sawtooth stars were made from these fabrics, there were enough for nine ballerina stars and six moon stars.

I added squares of a dusty purple speckled with tiny hearts to separate the stars. All fabrics were from my stash.
 


 I decided to do some all-over free motion quilting on this quilt, it was a great practice! I chose the design Mod Clamshell by Angela Walters. The quilting was done with Aurifil thread #3660 Bubblegum.

 


 Here's another detailed picture of the quilting.

 

The finished quilt laid out on my deck. Finished size is 40" x 48", this will be a great quilt for a little girl.
 

This is my third charity quilt for the year 2022, and number 82 all time for the children's ward at the hospital.

Keep on quilting!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh....that heart fabric never seems to go away.... I know I had some in my stash forever. Its a very nice finish and the charity that receives it will love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!