Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Forget Me Not

 

 This is the Forget Me Not quilt which I pattern tested in February this year for Erin & Sarah of Quilts For Good. I was finally able to quilt it during the last days of September.

The dense crosshatch quilting gives a crisp design and complements the pixel pattern.

The photo session took place early in the morning on my deck catching the sunrise. The gentle breeze helped getting the "dramatic" picture.

 Most of the fabrics used in the quilt are remnants from my two years as an Island Batik ambassador. It is no secret that I have a soft spot for blues.

The pattern features a pixel design of Forget Me Not flowers. These flowers are tiny in real life, often considered as weeds. Actually they are my favorite flowers.

This was my first pixel quilt, the smallest squares were cut to 2.0", finished size 1.5".
 

 

The texture of the quilt is brilliant with those densely spaced quilt lines. They were all done using the walking foot.

The finished size of the quilt is 48" x 66".

 

This quilt was pin basted for a long time, but then I needed the pins for another quilt, and so I was "forced" to finish this Forget Me Not quilt. The pixel quilt begged to get quilted in a dense crosshatch design.

The quilting lines are approximately 1" apart, and were marked with a hera marker. The thread used for quilting is Aurifil 50wt white #2024. 

 

Keep on quilting!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!