Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2021

Sunny Tablerunner

 

 

I got a request for a tablerunner that was quite unusal for me; she wanted a yellow fabric on one side and a leafy green on the other side. I have never made a wholecloth quilt before, this was my first time. 

I had a nice piece of a sunny fabric from Island Batik from my time as an ambassador for them. The print has a lot of swirls in orange on warm yellow background. The fabric just begged for a modern quilt design using the walking foot. I quilted straight lines one inch apart. The thread used is Aurifil 50wt in color #5015. I used Thermore batting from Hobbs Batting in the quilt sandwich, that is the thinnest batting I know, and is perfect for tablerunners. Even though the batting is thin, it can do a great deal for definition!

The backside is a leafy green print also from Island Batik. The binding is another green print that works well with the spring feel of the tablerunner. I used Aurifil 50wt in color #2843 for hand stitching binding to the back.

The yellow side is perfect for Easter, and the green side is more neutral and great for spring.

Keep on quilting!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!