Pages

Friday, January 22, 2021

Hearts On Fire Blog Hop - My Day

 

 Welcome to the fifth and last day of the Hearts on Fire blog hop hosted by Carol of JustLetMeQuilt .

The rules were:
'Make something with a heart in any color, BUT NOT RED...get creative!'
 
 

Due to a time consuming  project I started towards the end of last year, I only had time to make a couple of small projects for this blog hop. But, anyway, here's my entry: a pouch and a pincushion.


For this blog hop I searched through my stash for suitable fabrics, and I found these two with heart print and absolutely no red. In addition I added a sturdy fabric for the bottom of the pouch. I quilted the pouch with straight lines in a neutral color, and then used raw edge applique to add the three small hearts to the pouch.

I used a recycled zipper, and made my own zipper pull with a little heart attached.


 

Who has got enough pincushions? At least I needed a new one to keep next to my sewing machine. The back of the pincushion is the other heart print.

 

 

Last but not least I have to show an oldie but goodie: A couple of years ago I made this tote with rainbow hearts. This is bag I use often, it has a recessed zipper and is very practical. The tote is colorful and bright against the fresh fallen snow.

 

Here's the full schedule of the blog hop, go check out the projects from the other participants!


January 18


Creatin' in the Sticks


Life in the Scrapatch


Freckled Fox Quiltery


All Thingz Sewn


Den Syende Himmel


That Fabric Feeling


 

January 19


MooseStashQuilting


Websterquilt


Words & Stitches


Vroomans Quilts


Quilt Schmilt


Cynthia's Creating Ark


Songbird Designs


 

January 20


Selina Quilts


Stitchin At Home


Samelia's Mum


Just Sew Quilter


Scrapdash


Karrin’s Crazy World


The Darling Dogwood


 

January 21


Quilt Fabrication


Ms P Designs USA


Beaquilter


Becky’s Adventures in Quilting and Travel


Ridge Top Quilt


For The Love Of Geese


Sew Many Yarns


Quilting Gail


 

January 22


Just Let Me Quilt


Karen's Korner


Elizabeth Coughlin Designs


Quilt In A Not-Shell


Storied Quilts


Kathy's Kwilts and More


Homespun Hannah's Blog




 Thanks to Carol for organizing another great blog hop!

 

 


 

27 comments:

  1. Two pretty heart projects. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All very cute projects. I love bags and pouches so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything embellished with hearts is beautiful, and these three projects are no exception. That pincushion is calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these, but especially the little pouch. Bright, beautiful and the perfect spot to keep something Quilty...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your projects, but especially the pincushion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your projects are cute! I like all of them, and I like the heart fabric from your stash! The little heart zipper pull is a neat touch! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute. Both of the heart fabrics are brilliant. The pouch will come in handy; I was already thinking I'd use it for my take-along projects. I, too, think a person can't have too many pincushions. What a happy looking bag you made - perfect for wintery days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all three projects. The Pincushion is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heart warming projects. I love the colors and fabrics in the small pouch and pincushion. Thank for sharing in the hop .. <3 Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that heart print that's just black and white. Fun projects, and your rainbow heart tote is so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pouch and pinny are just so sweet. I love the fabrics. Your rainbow bag is gorgeous. It sets my heart on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the details you included on your zip pouch especially the zipper pull. Making the applique hearts to match the fabric was another great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fin pung, får aldri for mange av disse. Likte også godt den veska. Lenge siden jeg har brukt noen av mine svarte og hvite stoffer. Takk for inspirasjon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great projects, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all of these projects! Yes, you can never have enough
    pincushions.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You definitely fulfilled the no-red heart challenge with all these beauties...I love them all! The rainbow hearts are stunning with the black and white background. Thank you so much for sharing and hopping with us, Anita! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the fabrics you chose for your hearts. They really pop on the backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your little pouch! I don't have heart fabrics as pretty as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great projects. The pincushion is great, but your little pouch with the home made zipper pull is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful projects! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great heart projects! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great projects, Thank you for sharing
    Carol O

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your little zipper bag and pincushion are adorable. Love the black and white heart fabric. Your little zipper pull ads so much to the quilted zipper pouch. Such a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Enjoy the sweet new pin cushion. That and your zip bag were SEW perfect for the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your bag and pincushion, Anita. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!