Pages

Friday, June 5, 2020

Brick Quilt



I have seen a lot of brick quilts being made, lately, so I thought to make one myself.

I dug into the scrap bins and cut 2.5" strips of nine different fabrics, and then cut the bricks in 6.5" length. Sewing them together in a random setting left me a quilt looking like this.


Finished dimension is 36" x 48", a nice size for a small child.


It is free-motion quilted with loops and swirls in a pale pink thread. Binding in a warm, dark red solid.


Our little house guest had to pose on the finished quilt.

This is my tenth charity quilt for the year, and number 54 all time for the children's ward at the hospital.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely donation quilt. The layout is great, and these sweet fabrics make a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely...maybe I will try this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice! I have some leftover I Spy strips, I should cut to a standard size and make something similar.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!