Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2020

My Quickest Finish



When Kim of Persimon Dreams launched the latest Project Quilting challenge last Sunday, 11.5 Give it Away, I jumped at it right away.


Monday morning at 9 AM I gathered a bunch of squares I had cut to 4.5", together with a cute Disney fabric for backing. The piece of backing decided the size of the quilt.


I cut a few more squares to make it a 9 x 9 grid, and sewed the top together.


At 5 PM The quilt was completed, only eight hours from start to finish. The resulting quilt is 36" square, quilted in a cross hatch design with the walking foot. The green binding in a geometric design is attached by machine to make it extra durable.


The Disney Princess backing fabric will be perfect for a little girl.

I have been making charity quilts on a regular basis since I started quilting, so I knew exactly where to give it away: to my local hospital!

This is my fifth charity quilt for the year, and number 49 all time for the children's ward at the hospital.


2 comments:

  1. The quilt is adorable. And I just finished making a quilt for a grandson for Christmas with the space fabric in it. (Yup, have some left over). Most important is that you took the time to post this. I’m guilty of overlooking making quilts like this for donations and I don’t know why! I need to remind myself that fabric also plays an important part when making the decision to use a ‘simple’ design. Thank you soooooo much for the visual reminder. It’s appreciated. And, I just posted a note to myself on my acrylic machine table extension reminding me of such. Lol, I probably should also tape a cute kid piece of fabric next to it! (I taped it to the underside so I can see it as I sew without interfering with me sewing). This is getting exciting. Just added a piece of ballet 🩰 fabric under the acrylic. About half done with a QOV quilt right now. Then I’ll spend a day or two to run with your idea. I donate locally too. I just happened to read this post using my iPad while sitting at my sewing machine having my morning cup of tea. Had just finished another block before heading out to give my horse a flake of hay......so cold and windy out that I was procrastinating waiting for the sun to start to peek out. That’s how/why I got the task done. Lol 😂 😂 😂. Must say.....great way to start the day....energized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect quick donation quilt! Love that Jasmine print on the back!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!