Pages

Friday, November 22, 2019

New Favorite Pouch



A couple of days ago I took a deep-dive into my selvage bin and admired all the great designs. The selvages are way too pretty to be put in the trash, so I decided to make a pouch from them.

I started out by sewing selvages on a base of home decor fabric, this provides extra stiffness to the piece. Two panels were made, and they were cut to size using the Open Wide Pouch pattern by Anna Graham of Noodlehead.


The pattern used is the medium size of the pouch. Dark blue (almost black) denim was used for the bottom. A red zipper is a nice contrast.


I used dark red home decor fabric for the lining. This adds to the sturdiness of the pouch.

This will definitely become my new favorite pouch, great to stuff with sewing supplies and take along to guild meetings and sew-alongs.

Keep on sewing!

4 comments:

  1. Nice pouch! I was just think of doing one using soft and stable as the base for the selvedges.... I love what you did and this pattern looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great pouch! Perfect for sewing supplies!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!