Pages

Friday, October 25, 2019

Cat's Heaven


Here's my latest charity quilt, Cat's Heaven. Our little houseguest is the perfect model for the quilt.

She loves sitting on the window sill watching the birds outside.


It all started when I got this Accuquilt die with the cute cat, I had to appliqué the cat on something, and why not on a charity quilt?


I searched my stash for suitable fabrics and found a few that matched well. Among those were the bird fabric.


The dark cats are watching the birds, ready to chase them. The cats are raw edge appliquéd on the quilt with a blanket stitch. I used the walking foot for quilting a simple cross hatch design.

I used every bit of the scraps to assemble the six inch squares for the patchwork.


The backing is the icing on the cake, a sweet print with tiny birds and bird houses. The binding is sewn on by machine to make it durable and withstand a lot of cuddling and playing.

Finished size is approximately 39"x50".

This is my charity quilt number twelve for the year, and number 41 all time for the children's ward at the hospital.


Keep on quilting!


2 comments:

  1. This is a great comfort quilt...The cats really make the quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that cat silhouette, and perfect to have the cats scoping out the birds. Your backing fabric is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!