Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Chicken Coop



Meet Chicken Coop, my latest charity quilt. Picture taken on a beautiful, sunny September afternoon, where even the apples match the quilt!


I made a simple patchwork design for this quilt, using a chicken print, lots of plaids and a few other matching prints and solids.There's a lot of the chicken print in the quilt, that is nice for a kid's quilt.

All the 120 squares were cut with my Accuquilt Go! cutter, which means that they were cut in a short time, with very little waste.


A cross hatch design is perfect for quilting this one, it gives an extra rustic feel to the quilt. The backing fabric is a double gauze which makes the quilt extra soft. The fun cat print gives an additional cozy feel. Binding is a red fabric with circles.

Finished size is approximately 40"x48".

This is my eleventh charity quilt for the year, and number 40 all time for the children's ward at the hospital.

I've been on a roll this month, three quilts made for the hospital in September!

Keep on quilting!

1 comment:

  1. I love simple! And I love cross hatch quilting! This one is cute and will bring a smile to someone's face.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!