Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

MEGA Paper Piecing Panel

For a long time now, I have been a regular pattern tester for Berene of HappySewLucky. The adventure started two years ago. I have had the pleasure of working with her evolving Tattoo Quilt Pattern, and have enjoyed every minute of it. Now it was the last center panel to be worked on.


This is a HUGE block, the pattern is a thick bundle of pages! I pieced as much as I could before taking the project with me on vacation. It travels better in smaller pieces. The above picture shows how far I got before packing started.


Assembling the heart was easy and quick with all the preparations done in advance. The above picture shows the heart without the text banners, rotary cutter for scale. Here the panel is 28" wide and 20" high.



The text banners are wide, and I almost didn't have enough Wonder Clips with me, I barely managed. My holiday sewing machine did a great job with the foundation paper piecing.


Here is the upper text banner assembled.


I took a picture of the lower banner before assembling. Keep in mind this is 28" wide!


The complete Open Heart Open Mind center panel is finished. The completed block is 28" x 32". Sashing will be added , and then it is time to assemble all my tattoo blocks into the complete quilt designed by Berene.


Now what remains is to pick out all the tiny and not so tiny paper pieces from the back. Actually, I kind of enjoy that mindless job after the stamina that was needed to finish this MEGA block.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's an impressive bunch of paper piecing. I admire your perseverance!! And the quilt is lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is an impressive piece!!! My paper piecing patience would not have survived. What a lovely design and your version is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!