Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Summer Progress

This is summer vacation, and I am not doing a lot when it comes to stitching and quilting, but I achieve some.


Like the Quilty Stitches, where the fourth block has now appeared, the Flying Geese. There are 16 different colors in the geese. I am trying to use DMC threads I already have, and not buying new ones. But, I had to get some white since I need to fill in the background around the blocks. I am filling in the white one row at a time to keep up with the background color. The next block is Lori Holt's barn. I participated in her 'Barn Along' a year or two ago, and it will be great to make a miniature barn in cross stitches!


I have also made good progress on my ALYoF goal for August. Today I finished piecing the top, and since it is a long, but skinny runner, 12.5" x 57" it did not take long to pin baste it.


Now I just have to decide how to quilt it. Any suggestions?
Let's see it it will travel home with me in this state, or as a complete project.

I will soon have to start thinking about September's secret project...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!