Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

New baby quilt finished

I finished my second baby quilt today. This time it is made for the daughter of my neighbors, who is expecting in December. I do not know whether it will be a boy or a girl, so I made a quilt fitting for both. The pattern I used was a freebie from Moda Bakeshop.


As you can see, there are lots of bright colors.


Here it is displayed on my (wet) porch floor in-between rain showers. The quilt is 44" square, and it didn't shrink much after I ran it through a wash- and dryer cycle just after the photo shoot. In the back is a basket containing three other quilts I have finished recently.


The back is made of an old duvet cover, and the binding is green and white polka dots. With cotton batting, this is a soft and cuddly baby quilt after washing.


This is an unusual picture for me; four finished quilts in a basket at my home, waiting for a new home! In the front are two baby quilts, and at the back left is a charity quilt that will be handed over to the local hospital early in November, the back right is occupied by my latest table runner.

All these quilts will most likely have left my home in a few months, but seeing them all together in this basket I really feel the need to keep more quilts for my self.

These ones really look good in this basket, don't you think!

Linked up to Richard and Tanya Quilts, and TGIFF .

2 comments:

  1. Love your new quilt! It is a beauty, and so is that basket of finished quilts. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nydelig babyteppe! Og ja, vi har det vel alle slik at vi syr minst til oss selv. Kanskje på tide å beholde noe av det vi syr? Ja, quiltene ser flotte ut i den kurven.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!