Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2024

Orphan blocks

 


 Last fall I made the four blocks in the Soulalong hosted by @mija.handmade. In addition to Mija's block, the three other designers were @lovesewmodern, @prairiequiltco and @corinne.sovey .

The blocks were put aside since I didn't have a project to use them in. But this year I was in need to make a baby quilt since my niece was expecting a baby girl in Septemer. I framed the blocks with a multicolored fabric from my stash. The bolden twigs in the fabric celebrate the newborn girl.

 

The backing is filled with cute bear cubs. Crosshatch quilting two inches apart and a double layer of cotton batting gives the quilt extra volume. Quilt size before wash and dry cycle was 40".



 The last picture shows the quilt after a wash&dry cycle. It really gave the quilt an extra poof and a cuddly feel. The crosshatch quilting with Aurifil thread Dove fits the design well, and the icing on the cake is the binding Duck Dance from RJR Fabrics with lots of tiny ducks.


Keep on quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!