Pages

Monday, August 5, 2024

Jelly Roll Race Quilt for Charity

 

This quilt started as a demo for my quilt guild of how to make a Jelly Roll Race quilt. I didn't use a jelly roll, but cut 2.5" strips from my stash in an attempt to reduce my stash. Random yellom fabric squares/rectangles were added in between the strips.



The backing is a duvet cover I had in my stash. As you can see in the next photo this inspired the quilting design I used.



It may be a little difficult to see, but I upscaled the design from the backing print for the FMQ on the quilt.

Finished size of the quilt is 53" x 64", quilted by myself. Binding is a dark brown solid.

This is my third charity quilt for the year 2024, and number 108 all time for the children's ward at the hospital.

Keep on quilting!

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. This is a great quilt... nice for beginners :-)) I'm in the process of sewing my third top... I haven't quilted yet. The goal is to get two large quilts done this year.
    I especially like the yellow squares in your quilt.
    Yes... we keep working happily at the sewing machine... many happy greetings come to you from Viola.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!