Pages

Monday, January 16, 2023

Portland Quilt

 My second quilt finish for 2023 is the Portland Quilt by Kate at @seaminglykate. This is a free pattern at her website.

 


 The quilt is a good lap size of 54" square. Fabrics are from the line Birchtree Lane from Connecting Threads, in addition to white solid in the sashing. All fabrics from my stash.

Pictures were taken on a cold winter day with my trustworthy quilt holder DH holding it up.

 


 The pieced backing in green tones.

 


I had lots of fun free motion quilting with Aurifil thread.

 


 FMQ on my domestic sewing machine with a white loopy border in the sashing, and stars and loops in the print areas with a thread color blending in.


The whole quilt laid out on my deck. Binding is a matching blue print.
 

This is my second charity quilt for the year 2023, and number 94 all time for the children's ward at the hospital.

Keep on quilting!

 

 


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!