Pages

Monday, February 7, 2022

The Jetsons Quilt

 


I present to you The Jetsons Quilt! A traditional patchwork quilt made from fat quarters and additonal solids.



 The starting point was this fat quarter bundle from Camelot Fabrics. Novelty fabrics from a popular cartoon series from the '60s .

In order to make a good sized quilt for a child I added solids in dark navy and white. A lot of 4.5" squares were cut, and from the leftover Jetsons fabric I made four-patches to add more 'interest' in the quilt.


It is always best taking pictures outside in natural light to get the best color representation. Showing off a nice winter landscape is a good side effect. 

I chose a green and white zig-zag print for the backing, it goes well with the colors in the front.

A grid layout of 10 x 13 blocks of 4.5" unfinished gives a total finished size of the quilt of 40" x 52", perfect for a little boy.


The quilting is simple straight line with the walking foot. The binding is a crimson cotton cut at 2.25". I also used the last tiny pieces of the focus fabrics in the binding to add more interest.



Keep on quilting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!