Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2021

Propeller Quilt

 In January this year I was fortunate enough to get to test @mandipersell 's pattern the Propeller Quilt. I made the wall hanging size in all solids with a dark navy background. The finished top was just lying around for a long while, I wasn't really interested in hanging it on my wall.

A few days ago I took it out and decided to make a baby quilt from the top. I added a grey border around to get it to a 40" square. That really complemented the propeller design. I found a pink flannel from my stash to use as the backing, that will be very nice and cozy.

When it came to quilting I decided to use a decorative stitch on my domestic sewing machine, stitched with 50wt Aurifil thread #2452 Blush Rose. The binding has stripes in pink and light grey and is a perfect finish for the little quilt.

This is my ninth charity quilt for the year 2021, and number 73 all time for the children's ward at the hospital.

Keep on quilting!



 

 

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful charity quilt! I love the colors and the quilting is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!