Pages

Friday, May 15, 2020

Citrus Split in Blue



Meet my Sitrussplitt quilt (or Citrus Split) designed by Daisy Aschehoug from @warmfolk . The pattern was published in the Norwegian publication "Quiltemagasinet".

I chose to make my modern table runner in blues instead of Daisy's original in red and orange. In addition I omitted one of the ovals from the original pattern since I don't have such a long dining table.


The ovals were made with templates from @pappersaxsten . The fabric I used are from the line 'Birchtree Lane 'by Connecting Threads, in addition to white solid.


After the two ovals were connected to construct the quilt top, the fun part began: Slicing!


The resulting table runner is a fun one with stripes cutting through the ovals. The dotted green binding adds more life to the runner.

We have had a strange spring this year, it is the middle of May and still snowing! The green in the stripes and binding represents the hope of spring breaking through the snow and ice of the blues.


The piecing of the table runner was done with Aurifil 50wt in pure white #2024, and the stipple quilting was done in Aurifil 40wt in the same color. The binding was hand sewn to the back with Aurifil 50wt #2843. I used Hobbs Thermore as the batting in the quilt sandwich.


I had this beautiful fabric in my stash to use as the backing. It looks like fine porcelain!


I have added a new, beautiful table runner to my collection of quilted items. Let the spring come, now!

Keep on quilting!

2 comments:

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!