Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Scrappy Meadowland Quilt Top



This quilt is inspired by the Meadowland Quilt designed by Then Came June. I started making one test block of 16" back home before I went on vacation. I packed all these bright and beautiful fabrics in my suitcase and hoped I would have time to work on this in between the good food, hot weather and all the sightseeing. Most of the sewing took place when the rest of the crowd was sleeping in the hottest time of the day, and one block here and another one there add up to a whole quilt top in no time flat (almost)!

My scrappy palette is bold and bright, and I am especially pleased with the chartreuse against the blue. The navy was a very good choice for the background.

The top will travel home with me to get quilted, I have already chosen the quilting design, that will be revealed later.


I have to show these super cute photo bombers as the last picture. They are half wild kittens, but we have mutual respect for each other. A daily breakfast is served to them, and they stick around and are nice to talk to.

I'm having a great summer, and I hope you are, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!