Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Stash Buster Quilt


October is here, and the season has definitely changed to fall. We have had the first frost, but the last few days really want to hold on to warmer temperatures. What is better to show off the last quilt I made, there's a lot of fall colors here.


Actually, this is a quilt I started "backwards". I pieced the backing first, using a couple of Debbie Mumm prints I had in my stash to start with, and then adding other novelty prints to make a decent sized piece.


Then I cut a lot of 4.5" squares of mostly novelty prints. Some black/white four patches adds a little bit of life to the top, and two stripes of flannel print adds even more to the fall feeling.

For this charity quilt I chose to do simple crosshatch quilting in a brick color thread. The binding is made from a multi color orange striped cotton.


The quilt is fully reversible, and be used on any side depending on the mood of the day.

A lot of novelty prints was used for this quilt, and I am happy to clear away some scraps.

This is my eight charity quilt for the year, and number 28 all time for the children's ward at the hospital.

Happy quilting!


1 comment:

  1. I definitely need to do some stash busting. This is a terrific way to go at it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!