Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Heather Ross Charity Quilt



Some time ago I won a bunch of 2.5" squares of Heather Ross prints, lots of cute ones. For a long time I didn't know what to do with them. I didn't have time or patience to use them for EPP. What about piecing them into a panel and use them for a charity quilt?


Here is the result. I pieced the squares into a 13x8 panel, put a white border around them, and started looking for fabrics to complement the panel.The roses on each side take in the reds and yellows of the panel. The fabric on top has an abundance of apples,pears and roses. The green fabric on the bottom is a wonderful print of a pond with water lilies and goldfish, it would be a shame to cut it up in pieces.


Here is a detailed shot of the quilted panel. I stitched in the ditch around each square with a silver thread color, and for the background I quilted it with a simple loops and meanders in a dark green color. The finished size is about 42" x 62".

This is my sixth charity quilt for the year, and number 26 all time for the children's ward at the hospital.

Happy quilting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!