Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2018

Arrival of the Island Batik Ambassador Box!



Ever since I got the message that I was accepted as one of the 2018 Island Batik Ambassadors I have been anxiously awaiting my first Ambassador box. I have been tracking the package all the way from California, and it really took a long time to reach me.

There was a long delay in customs, since they claimed that the customs clearance papers were not detailed enough. Island Batik provided a new invoice, but there was a lot back and forth before the box was finally released from the customs office.

It was almost like Christmas when I got this package home!


The box is big!


Look at all the goodies!

The products featured in this post were given to me by Island Batik.

One item I am not able to show you is the Surprise package which contains a big bundle of fabric that has to stay out of sight until their release date, but I can already tell you that they are really my colors! 

When the customs people saw the wrapped package with the big "SURPRISE" sticker, they did not carefully open it to check it's contents, but completely tore the paper to pieces, so I can not even show you a sneak peek of the big wrapped bundle.


The Galentine's Bundle that was supposed to be used to make a project for Galentine's day in February will be used for another project.


A fat eight bundle of Southern Blooms plus some coordinating fabric, a beautiful collection!


A stack of 10" squares of Paisley Dot Brights with two coordinating fabrics.


The Batik Foundations Bundle together with a neutral fabric (tiny greyish dots on white background).


Five rolls of Stash Builders, which are 5" strips of WOF.


In addition to all the beautiful cotton batiks shown above, I received 2 yards of Rayon fabric which is suitable for garments, and a beautiful rayon scarf.


As if it wasn't enough with all the fabric above, the box also contained coordinating thread from one of Island Batik's industry partners, Aurifil: A large cone of 50WT cotton thread and two large spools of the same quality, and 4 large spools of 40WT cotton thread. I have had the privilege of using their 50WT thread earlier, and I very much enjoy the quality and that the thread is virtually lint-free. I look forward to trying the 40WT thread.


Last, but not least, the box contained Hobbs batting, a twin size cotton batting and a queen size Thermore batting (100% Polyester). The last one I will use for smaller projects since it will not provide enough warmth for a quilt in my part of the world with cold winters and short summers.

Thanks to Island Batik for giving me this opportunity to be an Ambassador.

Follow me here on my blog to see what I make with the beautiful batiks throughout the year. You can also follow me on my Instagram account, @notqnot

4 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo! Looking forward to seeing what you do with all these lovely fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ååå, så flott. Jeg har hatt samme problemer som deg, og venter fortsatt på min pakke. Håpet er at den dukker opp i løpet av kommende uke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! Everything was in. My box came lighter......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on finally receiving your box of goodies.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!