Pages

Monday, November 13, 2017

Two by Four Charity Quilt



Film in the Fridge has a great tutorial on the 'Two by Four' quilt block that I used to make my latest charity quilt. Strip piecing makes it fast and easy to whip up a block. I used solid blue as the background color, and a print in different colors.


I made most of the blocks in a sew-along at my local quilt guild, and assembled the blocks into a quilt top at home.

There are 224 blue blocks in this quilt, and thereby 224 colored blocks, 448 all together. But with the ingenious piecing method the quilt top comes together super fast.


The blue quilt will be perfect for a young/adolescent boy in the children's ward at the hospital. There are kids up to 18 years in the ward, and it is great to have a big quilt in moderate colors that could fit both boys and girls.


This concludes my 19th charity quilt to the hospital and the fifth finished so far this year. I know I will manage to reach my goal of 6 by the end of the year.

Keep on quilting!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Anita,
    What a lovely quilt for a boy and such a nice size. Also, what a wonderful goal to make six by the end of the year. That is so kind and considerate of you. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this block the way you made it, with the common blue background fabric. It's very calm and peaceful, yet more interesting than a square checkerboard. Very nice, and generous to donate it to the children's ward!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!