Pages

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

2017 Finish-A-Long : Q2 Finish

I had four projects on my Q2 Finish-A-Long-list , but I only managed to complete one of them.


This project was not big, but it took time to hand quilt it. The pattern is called Double Stars and is designed by Barbara Brackman. It is taken from the book All in a Row by Moda. I only made one of the rows, and decided to make a skinny out of it.


I had this as my hand sewing project on guild meetings and in front of the TV. The dimensions are 8" x 48". I hand quilted it with a neutral color thread that works well with all the colors.


For the binding I used one of the blue/green fabrics from the inner stars. All the star fabrics are from the line Birchtree Lane by Connecting Threads. The background fabrics are neutrals from the same manufacturer.


It was very relaxing to do the hand quilting. I am almost a little sorry that this is a completed project, because now I have to find another to take with me to guild meetings!

Linked up to Q2 FAL finishes .

Keep on quilting!

1 comment:

  1. so liking this I to have done long and skinny for my long sideboard now I no longer see the dust! Did you climb the tree to hang this for a photo?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!