Pages

Friday, March 20, 2015

Meet & Greet

Thanks to the lovely Mdm Samm who organize and sponsor this event.
My mother taught me how to embroider and cross stitch when I was a little girl. I also learned how to knit, crochet, and lots of other things.


The first item in line, or hanging in the dead tree, is a bell pull that I cross stitched years ago, most likely in Junior High or sometime around there. It has got the traditional roses, and it is currently residing in my living room.


The detailed picture shows off the design in a better way. Wool embroidery floss was used in the cross stitching. I am sure I was pretty impressed with myself when I finished it!

My mother helped sewing the backing on and mounting the metal hangers. This is a treasure I will keep forever!


A few years back I was doing a lot of stitchery. This is a design made by a Norwegian designer, and I stitched it in variegated grey DMC floss. The stitchery will eventually be incorporated in a table runner.

Approximately one year ago I finally finished my 2012 Aurifil Designer of the year quilt.


I framed the stitcheries from the 12 different designers in scrappy blue and green and made a lovely wall hanging out of it.

 

More details of the quilt can be seen in this post: 2012 Aurifil Quilt.

The last project I will show is a cross stitch project designed by Little Miss Shabby, and it's called Quilty Stitches.


I think it lacks 2 rows of white floss on the bottom before it is 100% finished. This was a monthly stitch along last year. The designs are still available for free.

I think this approx. 8" x 8" piece is quite adorable! It is a very nice collection of temporary quilt blocks.When I finish the last couple of rows it will be framed and put up on my wall.
Happy Stitching!


21 comments:

  1. your bell pulllllllllll oh wow....so beautiful, so lovely, and it has flowers.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! You do gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bell pull. It is so very pretty ans special. Your other stitching is so pretty as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad I came back because your bell pull is gorgoeus as are your other stitcheries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stitcheries , I especially love the Quilty Stitches , what a great pattern .

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have lovely stitchery's. I think I remember that pattern for the bell pull. It's so wonderful in wool thread.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely projects, Anita. Thanks for sharing. I do like the piece done with the variegated grey threads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bell pull is lovely! Love the piece done in variegated grey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is georgeous! Looks like they all are very time consuming. Well, to me, it would take forever to do. Thank you for sharing with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anita- all your work with cross stitch and embroidery is finely detailed work. Very pretty, thank you for sharing. The little MIss Shabby instructions I've pulled off to stitch at some time, but am unsure when I'll ever get to it. It's amazing how many of us on this blog hop started our crafts with the needle before finishing high school.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous stitching! I love the bell pull, so beautifully done!
    Cathy
    CraftyCat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anita that bell pull is amazing! I also love the gray design...very elegant. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful stitching. I love the combination in the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the bell pull. Your cross stitch work is so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bell pull was quite an accomplishment and it is beautifully done. I made the Aurifil designer blocks also. Mine are pieced together but not quilted yet. You have inspired me to get it finished. It was nice to meet you and I will be back to visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your aurilfil quilt was delightful. Thanks for sharing it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful work. Love the bell pull.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful stitching!! I love the quilty stitches - great!
    Greetings from Germany
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful works, Anita. I love the bell pull with this amazing flower stitchings.
    Have a wonderful new Spring week!

    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your first project was very ambitious. I am amazed, it's beautiful. And your tiny quilty stitches are so adorable. Thanks for letting us get to know you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!