Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Cutest Baby Quilt


We got news that the baby this quilt was made for was born last Saturday, so now I can post pictures of the quilt in all its glory. I used a tutorial from A Quilter's Table . The only thing I didn't follow was to round the corners and use bias binding.


The fabric I used was most of the collection from Birchtree Lane by Connecting Threads. At the time I made the quilt I did not know whether the baby was a boy or girl. I felt that the colors were pretty unisex, lots of leaves and birds in different colors are scattered all over. My favorite fabric is the feathers on white background.


I quilted it with spiral quilting, above is an in-progress picture at the start of the process. This was my first attempt of this quilting, and I am sure it will not be the last.


This picture shows the completed spiral, the natural light  cooperated very well to show off the quilting. The binding was not sewn on at this point.


My quilt holders (aka sons) helped me with the photo session. The sunlight makes the quilt look transparent.


The backing fabric is Britten Nummer by Ikea. It is my favorite, and I bought a lot of that fabric when it was on sale. You can see the front through the Warm and White cotton batting.

Last, but not least: The baby is a girl, and the parents love the quilt!  I guess the baby girl will cherish the quilt for years to come.


Keep on quilting!

9 comments:

  1. What a sweet baby quilt! The spiral looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a lovely quilt for a baby, good to see Ikea fabric as a backing they must sell thousands of metres to quilters as so many of us use this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute and cuddly baby quilt. That quilting is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spiral quilting is a great idea for a creation of that size!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!