Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Getting Dizzy!


This is my latest finish: the table runner Dizzy Delight  a free quilt pattern by Debbie Taylor, from the Fat Quarter shop.

This is a very colorful runner that will brighten up any table.  The table runner is 16 1/2" x 44 1/2", and I only used fabrics from my stash and scraps. I free motion quilted it with stipples in the white background and some echo lines in the blue "propellers". The colorful borders got some simple leaf structure all around.


You might see the quilting better on this picture. It is difficult to catch the proper light now when the afternoons get darker and darker. Yesterday night we had the coldest freeze so far this fall, the grass was frozen over and it took several hours of sun before the frost was gone from the roads.

The table runner will be gifted to friends; I guess it will be a surprise when they get it in the mail!

Now I am up to start on a new project, or maybe continue on an old one, time will show!

In the mean time: Happy Quilting!


4 comments:

  1. Fun pattern. It cooled down a lot here as well. We might have more time for sewing, he he.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An all year rounder, very attractive too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Isn't it fun to make a whole project with our stash? Your recipient is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice quick scrap project and I'm sure your friends will love it! Thank you for linking up to Scraptastic Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!