Pages

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Tulips are Lovely!


 I was very excited when I got the chance to test this New Spring pattern for Briar Hill Designs. I really need this colorful table runner to brighten up my house (and yard), because spring is very late this year. Last night we had frost, and yesterday morning I woke up to a snow covered yard.


 Julia of Briar Hill Designs has designed lovely patchwork tulips, finished off with a curved bottom. The pattern comes in lap and crib size, also. I chose to make the table runner since I had the perfect mini charm pack in my stash, Little Miss Sunshine by Vanessa Goertzen for Moda.


 The table runner needs three tulips, and in order to get one red/pink, one yellow/orange and one aqua I needed to complement the fabrics with a few pieces of Shuffle by Riley Blake Designs.

It is May, but still no tulips blooming here, so my wooden tulips will have to accompany the patchwork ones.


The pattern is provided with templates to cut out the curves. I have never cut out curves using a paper template together with a straight acrylic ruler before, but with Julia's instructions it became a piece of cake. 
 

I chose to quilt the runner with wavy lines using my walking foot, and with thread matching the background fabric.


 I just had to get a stained glass window picture of the runner. The backing is a fun low volume fabric from my stash


Making this New Spring table runner was a nice experience. Julia's pattern is very well written, and anybody could tackle these curves.


1 comment:

  1. lovely runner liking the curved bottoms. Have had a good display of tulips in my garden but they are mostly finished now

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!