Pages

Friday, April 24, 2015

Moose Top Done + Progress on Table Runner


My Moose Top is done, here it is displayed this morning on my porch, with a light dust of snow! Look at the date, April 24, and winter is still here! It gives a nice backdrop for my quilt top, though. The top was finished two days ago, but there was a storm yesterday, and it was impossible to take the flimsy out for a photo shoot.

I finally decided on the border, after having auditioned several possibilities. The brown leaf fabric is the same as the one used in the log cabin blocks. That gives a nice finish to the top; I like it.

Tomorrow it will be pin basted and getting ready for quilting.


During the storm yesterday, I started piecing the table runner I cut the pieces to last week. The design is a free pattern from Fat Quarter Shop, called Mini Charm Mix.  

I guess I will find some time to piece this one in between the quilting of the lap quilt. Right now the snow is coming down, so it might be indoor time tomorrow, perfect for sewing and quilting!


1 comment:

  1. II really like the mouse wall hanging, table runner looking good too

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!