Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Projects completed

I just remembered that I haven't posted pictures of the bag I made in a weekend class in the middle of last month. So here it is:


This is the bag in question, designed by the Norwegian designer André Wallenborg. During the weekend class we managed to sew and complete this bag, and it is so satisfying to bring home a completed project after a class! I chose a home decor fabric from Ikea for the main fabric. I think it gives the bag a sporty look.


I learned a lot during the class, both smart solutions concerning sewing techniques, and things I didn't know about my sewing machine!

The black fabric is cotton duck, and that gives the bag solidity and sturdiness. The black fabric also gives a nice finish and calm down the kind of busy design of the fabric. The size of the bag is perfect for a carry-on bag in airplane trips.


Today I also finished this table runner, the second in a row I just had to make for gifts this month. Sorry about the lighting, it was snowing like crazy outside when I took the picture.

The runner was made using a tutorial from  Missouri Star Quilt Company .The size of the table runner is approximately 14" x 28". I used smaller squares than what is used in the tutorial, so I used more squares to get a decent size. Now both runners are ready to give away.

Happy quilting!

4 comments:

  1. The bag was a great accomplishment, nice to learn new things at classes. I love the table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done, I just love looking at otner quilters projects. Love the colors in your bag. Im nrw to bag making and need to find a class like you did.
    Blessings
    GMAMA JANE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done, I just love looking at otner quilters projects. Love the colors in your bag. Im nrw to bag making and need to find a class like you did.
    Blessings
    GMAMA JANE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally in love with that bag! The addition of the black was the perfect touch. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!