Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

WIP Wednesday


The quilting of my Modern Maple has started. Here is a sneak peek of how it is going to look. My aim is to give the quilt a woodgrain structure. I am using the walking foot, but it takes time! It will take a few days to complete all the quilting, but it will be worth it.

I have also completed another quilt top this fall, the Hip-Hopscotch quilt featured in the QuiltyPleasures blog.:


A lot of people have made their own versions of this quilt, and it is amazing how different the quilts look using different colors and values. My version gives a spring feeling, and that seems appropriate for me even though Christmas has not come, yet. (I long for warmer weather...)

Linked up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced, and Let's Bee Social.

3 comments:

  1. Hip-Hopscotch - what a cute name Anita! Your turned out very nice!
    I love that you are using your walking foot to create a wood grain effect for your Modern Maple quilt. I have to go peek at what that quilt looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Hip-Hopscotch quilt is so cute and it always amazes me, too, how different a quilt can look by just changing the fabric. Love the quilting on your Modern Maple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. new follower from finding you with your charm win love the colours in your leaf and also the quilt, might just have to work out that pattern for myself

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!